Fluoride helps prevent cavities by strengthening tooth enamel. Next time you are at your dental cleaning, talk to your dentist about having fluoride treatment done before leaving. You can also check with your local community to see if your water supply has fluoride added into it. There are many benefits to having fluoride added for your overall health.
Here are the best ways to get fluoride:
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste twice a day. Kids can use fluoride toothpaste as soon as their first tooth appears. Make sure that you are only using the size of a grain of rice until age 3 and a pea size for everyone over 3.
- Have a dentist apply fluoride to your teeth directly while at your dental routine visit.
- Take a fluoride supplement that you can have prescribed by your dentist if your water supply isn’t fluoridated.
- Fluoride is a mineral compound found all around us in nature, It’s present in rocks, soil and water. Many of the foods we eat contain small amounts of fluoride such as, oatmeal, grapes, asparagus and most seafood and many more. Fluoride occurs naturally in the body as well, known as calcium fluoride. It’s a nutrient we need to build strong bones and teeth.
- Fluoride combines with your saliva so that your teeth are getting a constant fluoride bath. This provides continuous protection against bacteria. When you use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash, or a dental professional applies it directly to the surface of your teeth, you’re getting your fluoride topically.
- It’s difficult to get enough fluoride by diet alone. This is why many communities provide the right balance of fluoride to their drinking water so that everyone has access to this amazing benefit.
- Drinking water with fluoride is proven safe and effective. The ADA states on their website, “More than 70 years of scientific research has consistently shown that an optimal level of fluoride in community water is safe and effective in preventing tooth decay by at least 25% in both children and adults.”
Here at Dental Care of Waldorf, we provide the best dental treatment in St. Charles, Maryland. Our general dentist in St. Charles will make sure you have the best experience possible, and we have 200+ five star reviews to prove it!
Give us a call at 301-867-7015 to book your consultation today.